Tuesday, October 29, 2013

DIY: How I Lighten My Hair Extensions With Marc Anthony's 'Easy Lites' Spray





Good Morning Beauties!

I recently uploaded a quick you tube tutorial on how to lighten hair extensions. It's quick, easy and I find it works well! So, this is my easy advice on how to achieve a lighter look on dark hair extensions.



I know how much is sucks to have purchased hair extensions only to have them sitting in your closet because your hair color changed...money down the drain? Nah. Try dying or highlighting your extensions. Do a few practice runs with small pieces and whip those beautiful locks back on your head. I purchased my hair extensions at proextensions.com. I purchased the Pro Premier Remy 20" #1b Off Black. They cost me $149.99.




What you need:


You need the Marc Anthony Easy-Lites spray, a brush to brush out your extensions before applying the spray and a flat iron to engage the spray to lighten your hair extensions after applying it.

Its super simple! You brush out the hair extensions, spray a section of hair from your extensions and run the hair straightener over it several times (the instructions indicate to run the hair straightener over it 7 times however I just keep going until the hair dries and looks lighter).

The Marc Anthony Easy Lites spray works gradually. The more you use it, the lighter your hair will become. Initially, I used a color remover by Loreal on my Black extensions to remove the harsh black color:


 After first removing the harsh black with this color remover, I've only used this Marc Anthony spray and find it works great at slowly lightening my hair extensions and bringing out natural golden highlights.


I've been able to achieve a medium brown with natural looking light brown/golden highlights.

For those who are interested, here is a list of the ingredients in the Marc Anthony Easy Lites spray:
water, hydrogen peroxide, cocamidopropyl betaine, polysorbate 20, parfum (fragrance), vaccinium myrtillus fruit/leaf extract, saccharum officinarum (sugar cane) extract, acer saccarum (sugar maple) extract, citrus aurantium dulcis (orange) fruit extract, citrus madica limonum (lemon) fruit extract, chamomilla recututa (matricaria) floer extract, ext. D&C violet 2 (CI 60730). May contain phosphoric acid.

The spray retails for about 7.99. It can be found here:
http://www.myessentials.ca/marc-anthony-easy-lites-instant-highlighting-spray.html?gclid=CMXuyI_guroCFe1aMgodHXYA8g

I hope this was helpful and here is my video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALnkcuUwvIQ

XoX

No comments:

Post a Comment